EMEAF Customer Service Professional Intermediates, Joined ExxonMobil in 2013
What did you have to fulfill to receive your current position?
The first round interview was led by two Team Leaders. Since I applied for a French speaking Customer Service position, the interview was conducted in French and English, and most of the questions were behaviour based (e.g. How did you react in a specific situation where....? What were the lessons learned from that?)
The second round of the interview
The second round of the interview was held the same day, later in the afternoon. This time I was interviewed by my future Supervisor and Manager. They again asked me about my previous experience and described the position in detail. Everybody was really nice, gave me plenty of time to ask my own questions of them and, after the interview, showed me the open office space I would be working in. I received a job offer one week later and happily accepted it.
How does your standard day at work look like?
My day in Customer Service can never be fully predicted; the pace is fast and new challenges come on daily basis. In addition to the frequent interactions with other people within ExxonMobil, I am the single point of contact for my customers (an assigned portfolio of leading chemical companies), communicating mostly via phone and email.
Order to Cash process
As far as my main daily activities go, these are usually related to the “Order to Cash process”, which includes everything from receiving a customer´s order, through processing it in SAP, until delivery and satisfaction of the customer, and of course solving all the obstacles which might come along the way (delays of trucks, product availabilities, customer feedbacks, etc.).
What do you consider as your biggest achievement during the time of your career at ExxonMobil?
It would be achieving the status of a “go-to person” for my colleagues. I like working with software, learning and researching new things and I do not hesitate to share this knowledge further. The fact that I am trusted enough by my colleagues to help them with certain operational issues, even getting contacted by people as far away as Paris or even Bangkok, is very fulfilling.
How do you like the work environment?
I enjoy learning and discovering new things and I love communication with people from different cultures. I work in a team of 20 people where we have 10 different nationalities from 4 continents. So basically, I can learn something new from different part of the world every day. Team dinners, team buildings, sport days and other activities further contribute to the team spirit.
Do you see place for career development at ExxonMobil?
Yes, definitely. The oil industry is involved in so many different areas that opportunities are almost infinite. At the moment, I am happy in my position and I genuinely enjoy 90 % of my tasks. The other 10 % is administrative; I am not a big fan of it, though I very much understand its importance.